Marseille Council, the Marseille Events & Conference Bureau and research and education structures joined forces in December 2014 to sign a charter
HOW THE PROJECT BEGAN
- 70% of conferences hosted in a city are planned by local figures. It is therefore essential to create relationships between research and education structures and the Conference Bureau
- Establishment of a partnership charter
- Identify active network members. These structures play a vital role in identifying members of associations, national and international learned societies that we shall call “Ambassadors”.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS :
- Contribute to national and international reach and showcase fields of excellence from partners and Ambassadors who have signed the charter
- Promotion of project leaders
- Better financial results for the region
- Improved worldwide reach for the city of Marseille – ICCA ranking
First charter signed on December 4th 2014
The founding members of the first partnership charter devoted to education and research are:
- Université Aix Marseille
- Ecole Centrale
The Club -M- Ambassadors was founded to become a national and international network bringing together anyone who wishes to promote a positive image of Marseille.
As a member of the “Club M Ambassadors”, appointed by the Mayor of Marseille, the Ambassador agrees to promote the city during business trips and in communication:
- By highlighting its energy and any information deemed worthy of promotion
- By promoting the metropolitan area using a sales pitch provided
- By using their own network to appeal to project leaders whose results may be positive on a personal level
- By countering any unfair comments about Marseille and the area as well as any discriminatory discussions about it
In terms of the “Club -M- Ambassadors”, the Ambassador agrees to:
- Share information encouraging synergy to promote Marseille nationwide and worldwide
- Provide reliable information
- Be proactive
Club –M- Ambassador application
Please send your application to Club -M- along with a photo for the Ambassadors’ photo board:
Your application must state: your surname, first name, company, title, address, phone number, email address, industry and profession.
Your application will be taken into careful consideration.
Who is a “Conference Ambassador”
A “Conference Ambassador” is a research professor, researcher, hospital practitioner, figure in science or economics, active member in a national or international association or learned society who is managing an event and wishes to contribute to the reach of work in a specialist area.
What are the benefits for Ambassadors:
- Personal support and advice at each stage of the project
- A range of benefits for project leaders involved in association conference applications meeting certain national or international criteria
- A welcome pack will be given to each project leader with information designed by professionals to streamline applications (application pack, film, maps, promotional tools etc.)
The pack relies on a collective commitment from all figures in the events industry: council departments, the Palais des Congrès, hotels, airport, train station, RTM, taxis and more to make life easier for conference organisers and provide reassurance.